Date:	Fri, 5 Jan 2007 20:03:44 +0100
From:	"Thibaut VARENE" <T-Bone@...isc-linux.org>
To:	netdev@...r.kernel.org
Subject: kernel BUG in eth_alloc_tx_desc_index at drivers/net/mv643xx_eth.c:1069!

Hi,

I've been experiencing this bug on my Pegasos II (PPC G4 1GHz, 512M
RAM) box for a while: I can reliably kill my machine in about half an
hour while watching some video read from a remote nfs volume (hence
the "mplayer" task in the following dump). It was relatively uneasy to
get proper debug info as the crash happens while video was playing on
the screen, but it's there anyway :)

This particular dump comes from kernel 2.6.19-ck2 but I reproduced the
bug with vanilla 2.6.19 too, so the bug lives in mainline. I'm not
really familiar with that particular code, but I'd gladly provide as
much debug info as I can.

The box is hooked to a gigabit switch and the NIC is configured as
gigabit too. Interestingly, when I reboot immediately after the crash,
the NIC gets a bogus MAC address, and I have to reboot again to get
back to normal.

HTH

T-Bone

--
Thibaut VARENE
http://www.parisc-linux.org/~varenet/

View attachment "panicdump.txt" of type "text/plain" (4972 bytes)