Date:	Tue, 16 Jan 2007 22:34:43 -0500
From:	Brandon Craig Rhodes <brandon@...desmill.org>
To:	Mitchell Blank Jr <mitch@...oth.com>
Cc:	netdev@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: TKIP encryption should allocate enough tailroom

Mitchell Blank Jr <mitch@...oth.com> writes:

> Brandon Craig Rhodes wrote:
>
>> +		if (unlikely(err || skb_tailroom(skb) < 4)) {
>> +			printk(KERN_DEBUG "Failed to increase tailroom"
>> +			       " for TKIP encrypt");
>> +			return err || -1;
>
> The "||" operator in C doesn't act the same way it does in perl and ruby.
> You're always returning 1 here.

Egads!  You are correct.

My intention was to preserve the value of "err" if an unsuccessful
value was returned by skb_padto(), and otherwise to return "-1" which
seemed the popular value used for errors elsewhere in the code.

 - Would the expression "err ? err : -1" have served me better?
 - Do error codes mean anything here, or should I simply say "return -1"?

--
Brandon Craig Rhodes   brandon@...desmill.org   http://rhodesmill.org/brandon