Date:	Mon, 19 Mar 2007 19:38:29 -0700 (PDT)
From:	David Miller <davem@...emloft.net>
To:	bunk@...sta.de
Cc:	torvalds@...ux-foundation.org, akpm@...ux-foundation.org,
	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, lenb@...nel.org,
	netdev@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: [6/6] 2.6.21-rc4: known regressions

From: Adrian Bunk <bunk@...sta.de>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 19:49:38 +0100

> Subject    : ipv6 crash
> Submitter  : Len Brown <lenb@...nel.org>
> Status     : unknown

This is caused by some problem in the router round-robin code in
net/ipv6/route.c:rt6_select()

Somehow it NULLs out fn->leaf, and then fib6_add_1() crashes
dererencing that NULL pointer as is seen in the report.

Deleting the router round-robin list mangling code in rt6_select()
makes the crash go away, but such a change causes regressions in the
ipv6 conformance tests.

Thomas Graf discovered this bug some time ago, but we still
haven't come up with a fix suitable for upstream :-/

This bug has been there for a very long time and is not a regression
of 2.6.21

I'll see if I can come up with something to fix this properly.