Date:	Thu, 10 May 2007 12:09:46 -0400
From:	Koon Wah Yick <kyick@...atel-lucent.com>
To:	Stephen Hemminger <shemminger@...ux-foundation.org>
CC:	Koon Wah Yick <kyick@...atel-lucent.com>, netdev@...r.kernel.org,
	"Yick, Koon Wah (Koon)" <kyick@...ail.ho.lucent.com>
Subject: Re: Enable netem in my Linux box

Stephen:

Thank you for your response, I type in modinfo sch_netem

Here is what I got:

filename: /lib/modules/2.6.11-1.1369_FC4/kernel/net/sched/sch_netem.ko
license: GPL
vermagic: 2.6.11-1.l369_FC 686 REGPARM 4KSTACKS gcc-4.0
depends:
srcversion: BD4563861423428FF0D5918

when I try the following "tc" command with netem

> tc qdisc change dev eth0 root netem loss 0.1%

I got the error message
RTNETLINK answers: No such file or directory.

I downloaded the ipRoute2 packet, build and re-install.  Nothing change, same
problem.  I do "make xconfig" on my current kernel, see component netem is not
enable.  I enable it and re-build the kernel that does not work for me as well,
the new kenerl does not boot (there may be other problem in building it).  Is
there an easier way to enable NETEM?

Koon-Wah.