Date:	Thu, 31 May 2007 03:21:40 +0300 (EEST)
From:	Julian Anastasov <ja@....bg>
To:	KOVACS Krisztian <hidden@...abit.hu>
cc:	David Miller <davem@...emloft.net>, kaber@...sh.net,
	horms@...ge.net.au, jkrzyszt@....icnet.pl, netdev@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: [IPV4] LVS: Allow to send ICMP unreachable responses when
 real-servers are removed

	Hello,

On Wed, 30 May 2007, KOVACS Krisztian wrote:

>   I'm just about to publish the next round of tproxy patches (with the
> routing code modifications completely removed), but this issue is still
> present.
>
>   I've posted a few patches making omitting this check possible
> selectively back in March. Do those changes look acceptable?
>
>   http://marc.info/?l=linux-netdev&m=117310979823297&w=3

	Just a small note for now:

	The code
	'if (dev_out == NULL && !(oldflp->flags & FLOWI_FLAG_TRANSPARENT))'
can lead to problem in 'fl.oif = dev_out->ifindex;' if fl4_src is not
present.

	Also, i'm not sure if FLOWI_FLAG_TRANSPARENT should cause
different values for flags to be cached many times. Users without this
flag get EINVAL when fl4_src is not configured, other failures are not
cached too. And as fl4_src is considered in both cases (both kinds of
callers get same path on success) we don't need changes except in
ip_route_output_slow()? By this way I hope we can avoid any possible
forking of cache entries just by different flags.

	Then we can use some more generic name, only for the flowi flag,
eg. FLOWI_FLAG_ANYSRC or something better?