Date:	Wed, 13 Jun 2007 23:16:10 +0200
From:	Peter Rasmussen <plr@...aard.com>
To:	Jeff Garzik <jeff@...zik.org>
CC:	netdev@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: IC Plus Corp IC Plus IP1000

Thank you for your suggestion.

I do however, have the following issues, which is also why I searched
Google for help on it.

1.The Sundance driver is in the 100mbit section, implying that it won't
work with 1gbit.
2.When I first started up the server I am using with the ethernet
device, it didn't detect it, even with the Sundance driver compiled in
to the kernel, so I gave up on it.
3.Now I would like to extend the server with another ethernet device,
and I would prefer to use what is already installed instead of having to
buy another additonal ethernet board.
4.While searching for the driver code with Google, it seemed that
several people would like to see a IC Plus Corp IC Plus IP1000 driver in
the kernel, and nowhere did I see that using the present Sundance driver
was adequate.
5.I am not able to reboot this server too often (it is a live web
server) so I would like to prepare as much as possible before rebooting it.

So, does your suggestion include:

1.The possibility to use the device in gigabit mode?
2.How to tweak the present Sundance driver to better detect a "IC Plus
Corp IC Plus IP1000" board?
3.Or *is* the Sundance driver supposed to be a generic driver for all
their boards, including >100mbit?

If you can tell me about that, or give me pointers to figure it out, I'd
be much obliged!

Thanks,
Peter