Date:	Fri, 12 Oct 2007 07:50:54 +0200
From:	Alexander Wirt <formorer@...morer.de>
To:	David Miller <davem@...emloft.net>
Cc:	andreas@...al.se, netdev@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: iproute2: resend of patches from Debian.

David Miller schrieb am Donnerstag, den 11. Oktober 2007:

Hi David,

> > If you want me to STFU please just say so and I'll give you all my
> > sincere appologies and go back to the status quo of no fixes shared
> > with others.
>
> I applaud your efforts, it's not what the problem is.
>
> I just wonder, therefore, when Alexander planned on submitting
> this sizable backlog of local iproute2 patches.
I took over the iproute package when it was in a pretty bad shape, most of
the patches submitted were still applied at that time. I ever planed a
carefull review of the patches and to submit them later, but due to real life
reasons I never got so far. Thanks to Andreas (who will be on of the new
maintainers of the package) for doing that for me.

Some of the patches also need some reworking before applying them outside of
a distribution. But you are right, it was my fault not to send in the patches
and I promise to give more patches back in the future (moving package
development to git in the near future will help with that too).

Alex