Date:	Mon, 22 Oct 2007 11:57:25 -0400
From:	Dan Williams <dcbw@...hat.com>
To:	"Denis V. Lunev" <den@...ru>
Cc:	netdev@...r.kernel.org, "Denis V. Lunev" <den@...nvz.org>,
	Alexey Kuznetsov <kuznet@....inr.ac.ru>
Subject: Re: Regression in current git - Network Manager fails (bisected)

On Mon, 2007-10-22 at 13:22 +0400, Denis V. Lunev wrote:
> We have spent some time with the problem with Alexey and there are no
> guesses for now.
>
> Is it possible to name exact version of Network Manager and all
> libraries related + provide us an output of strace with full buffers
> send/received from netlink. Something like
>      strace -v -x -s 32768 <nm>

NM uses netlink in two places; libnl (from Thomas Graf) and some custom
code for listening for interface up/down events and wireless events.

It looks like that code comes from libnl's lib/handlers.c where it
thinks the received message is invalid.

I'm pretty sure the code that checks carrier status of the device isn't
libnl code; so maybe the error message (which should get fixed of
course) isn't in the same path as the link detection.

The link detection comes from src/nm-netlink-monitor.c, so maybe we
should look at debugging there.

Dan