Date:	Sun, 02 Dec 2007 18:37:01 +0100
From:	Bernard Pidoux <pidoux@....jussieu.fr>
To:	Jarek Poplawski <jarkao2@...pl>
CC:	ralf@...ux-mips.org, davem@...emloft.net, netdev@...r.kernel.org,
	Alexey Dobriyan <adobriyan@...il.com>
Subject: Re: Inconsistent lock  state and possible irq lock inversion dependency
 detected in ax25.ko

Hi,

Many thanks for your patch for ~/net/ax25/ax25_subr.c

Introduction of local_bh_disable() ... local_bh_enable()

cured the inconsistent lock state related to AX25 connect timeout.

I have now a stable monoprocessor system running AX25 and ROSE network
packet switching application FPAC, whether kernel is compiled with or
without hack option.

There is no more problem during normal operations.

This was achieved, thanks to your AX25 patch and the patch from Alexey
Dobriyan for rose module.

I also patched rose module in order to get packet routing more
efficient, taking into account the "restarted" flag that is raised when
a neighbour node is already connected.

To summarize the present situation on my Linux machine, I built a patch
against kernel 2.6.23.9.

I would appreciate if you could make it included into a next kernel release.

Many thanks and best regards,

Bernard Pidoux
F6BVP

Download attachment "rose-patch-2.6.23.9.tgz" of type "application/x-compressed-tar" (1745 bytes)