Date:	Sat, 29 Dec 2007 14:04:14 +0100
From:	Jarek Poplawski <jarkao2@...il.com>
To:	netdev@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: skbuff data pointer alignment requirement

On Fri, Dec 28, 2007 at 04:53:24PM -0800, Keyur Chudgar wrote:
> Hi Jarek,
>
> > Do you mean hardware requirements of an architecture or a specific driver?
> I meant any hardware requirements of an architecture.
>
> > So, if you have more than one network card, is it needed by all of them,
> > while other (not network) drivers are happy with default allocations?
> Yes. So, anything related to skbuff data block, will need specific alignment
> requirements, while others (non-network drivers) will work as default.

Hi Keyur,

It seems this is rather unusual case, probably something new, because
considering the number of various architectures available on Linux it
looks like the first which requires this feature. Then, of course,
your proposal would make sense, but you should simply name this
hardware in your patch description. On the other hand, if it's
something very uncommon, it could be hard for you to convince somebody
to merge this change.

Regards,
Jarek P.