Date:	Fri, 11 Jan 2008 18:26:41 +0100
From:	martin f krafft <madduck@...duck.net>
To:	netdev discussion list <netdev@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: why does promote_secondaries default to off? (was: iproute2:
	removing primary address removes secondaries)

also sprach Daniel Lezcano <dlezcano@...ibm.com> [2008.01.11.1813 +0100]:
> There is a tweak in /proc/sys which activate secondaries promotion when a
> primary is deleted.
>
> /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/all/promote_secondaries
>
> I think it changes the behavior to the one you wish.

Totally. That would have been the last place I had looked.
Thank you!

Do you have any idea why this isn't on by default?

"i never go without my dinner. no one ever does, except vegetarians
 and people like that."
                                                        -- oscar wilde

spamtraps: madduck.bogus@...duck.net

Download attachment "digital_signature_gpg.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (190 bytes)