Date:	Sun, 17 Feb 2008 14:25:36 +0100
From:	Sam Ravnborg <sam@...nborg.org>
To:	Subbu Seetharaman <subbus@...verengines.com>
Cc:	netdev@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: [PATHCH 0/16]  ServerEngines 10Gb NIC driver

On Sat, Feb 16, 2008 at 07:51:13PM -0800, Subbu Seetharaman wrote:
> Patch 0/16 and 15/16 of this series are getting dropped by the
> spam filter.  I am trying to get them across with changes
> that will please the spam filter.  Sorry about the inconvenience.
> Below is the 0/16 of the series.
>
> --------------------------
> Hi,
>

> I am sending a patch for network driver for ServerEngines 10Gb Network adapter for review.  This patch includes the network driver and the OS neutral code that implements the interactions between the host drivers and the adapter. The adapter is a dual function device with network and storage functions.  The network driver is a regular NIC driver.
>
> The low level library that manages the interaction with the adapter is common to both storage and network drivers and hence is organized under the directory drivers/message/beclib. The storage driver is not part of this patch and will be submitted after this review.
>
> This patch is made against 2.6.24.2 version of the kernel source.

Hi Subbu.

A few points about your submission (not your code as I have not looked at it).
- Use descriptive subjects - and not the same subject for all patches
- Include in each patch a diffstat - below the '^---' marker so
  it is easy to spot what files are touched but so that the diffstat
  does not get included in the changelog when applied.
- Do not break the build. Adding Makefile/Kconfig bits as the last patch
  usually does the trick here.
- If you have generic funtionality add that first and then add what depnds on it
  later.

	Sam