Date:	Sun, 24 Feb 2008 12:11:16 -0200
From:	"Julio Kriger" <juliokriger@...il.com>
To:	netdev@...r.kernel.org, netdev@....sgi.com, netem@...l.org,
	netem@...ts.linux-foundation.org
Subject: Fixed delay patch for netem

Hi!
I have created this patch to add a fixed delay on packet filtered by
netem. Soon I will send the patch to iproute2.
This patch comes from a need I have to delay all packets 50ms, beside
the actual delay setting, like 30ms +- 15 ms. This strike, IMMHO, a
missing point on gap reordering. If I set "gap 5 delay 10ms" every 5th
(10th, 15th, ...) packet to go to be sent immediately and every other
packet to be delayed by 10ms. This  is ok, but I also need a "fixed"
delay of 50ms to be applied to all packets. Since netem can't be
nested with himself (so I can do a fixed delay), I needed this new
feature on netem.
This patch was create with linux kernel version 2.6.24.2.
I hope you like it, and it would be great if it goes shiped with the
next version of the kernel :-))
Regards,
Julio Kriger

>From the moment I picked your book up until I laid it down, I was
convulsed with laughter. Someday I intend reading it.
Groucho Marx