Date:	Tue, 1 Apr 2008 11:33:02 -0700
From:	Inaky Perez-Gonzalez <inaky@...ux.intel.com>
To:	Stephen Hemminger <shemminger@...tta.com>
Cc:	netdev@...r.kernel.org, linux-wireless@...r.kernel.org,
	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: [ANN] WiMAX stack and drivers for Intel WiMAX Link 5050

On Tuesday 01 April 2008, Stephen Hemminger wrote:
> On Tue, 1 Apr 2008 11:07:37 -0700
> Inaky Perez-Gonzalez <inaky@...ux.intel.com> wrote:
>

> > Intel would like to announce the initial release of a Linux WiMAX
> > common stack and drivers for its WiMAX devices (eg: Intel(r)
> > WiMAX/WiFi Link 5050, with estimated availability around third
> > quarter of 2008).

> Code review occurs on patch submittable not by pointing developers off
> to an external project. Most likely there will be feedback that requires
> changes to API and other choices so you want to do this soon.

I know. Just wanted to get out the bits ASAP for whoever is interested to
start looking at it.

I am pondering how to do this because there is a lot of code and
I still don't have it ready for merging to mainline.

Eventually I'll have a git tree branching off netdev and will have to break
up the kernel part in patchbombs for review & submission and fix stuff as
we go.

Thanks,