Date:	Thu, 3 Apr 2008 12:10:33 +0300 (EEST)
From:	Meelis Roos <mroos@...ux.ee>
To:	cebbert@...hat.com, netdev@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: [patch] NET: remove support for Davicom 9102 from the Tulip
 driver

CE> We have two reports that agree the tulip driver doesn't work for
CE> the Davicom 9102 (PCI id 1282:9102). The dmfe driver does work
CE> and also claims the same PCI ID.

NAK, dmfe does not work on some Sparc64 machines but tulip does.

I happent to have a Sun Fire V100 with 2 Davicom NICs (1282:9102 (rev
31)).
tulip driver works for them, dmfe doesn't. Tried with 2.6.25-rc7, first
it
gets MAC addresses all zeroed and second, it only results in Tx
timeouts.

This issue was debugged somemonths ago on sparclinux mailing list. DaveM
fixed some bugs IIRC but it still does not work.

Sun Netra X1 is a similar Sun system with dmfe's.

--
Meelis Roos (mroos@...ux.ee)