Date:	Thu, 24 Apr 2008 22:06:11 +0900
From:	"Shigeo N" <shigeonx@...il.com>
To:	"Andi Kleen" <andi@...stfloor.org>
Cc:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, netdev@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: XTP for 2.6.25

Now I have connected 2 hosts directly, and evaluate the each throughput.
Then all the results of UDP, TCP and XTP are the same and 94Mbps. (My
netwrok is 100Base/TX).

In this case round-trip time between 2 hosts is less than 0.1ms
because they are directly connected. But my previouse case, round-trip
time between 2 hosts are 4ms. (I use IPSEC between the security
gateways to increase delay).
I think that's the reason TCP throughput is slow. If ACK packets are
delayed, sending window cannot slide and sending packets cannot be
fully bursted.

If I changes wmem size through /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_wmem, TCP's
throughput may improve, but congestion control becomes more difficult
for TCP.

That is TCP's disadvantage to XTP.

Best
Shigeo