Date:	Thu, 08 May 2008 14:16:29 -0400
From:	"Damon L. Chesser" <damon@...tek.com>
To:	Ilpo Järvinen <ilpo.jarvinen@...sinki.fi>
CC:	Bug 213081 <213081@...s.launchpad.net>, 478062@...s.debian.org,
	Netdev <netdev@...r.kernel.org>,
	David Miller <davem@...emloft.net>
Subject: Re: Fix FRTO+NewReno problem (Was: Re: This has a work around)

Ilpo Järvinen wrote:
> SNIP

> Could you next try with tcp_frto set to 1, if my theory proves to be
> correct, it too should be "enough" to fix the problem (in this
> particular case). Of course you can verify the patch below too if you
> want to, the patch should allow cups<->printer to work with tcp_frto =
> 2 too. In case you have problem to apply the patch to the particular
> version you're want to try with, just send a note about the version
> number to me so I can adapt the patch for you (space etc. formatting
> issues may show up because I recently run a code style cleanup on the
> tcp code).

Ilpo,

reran the print job with the correct kernel (for control reasons) and
received the same results:  tcp_frto=1 no print.  tcp_frto=0 I can
print.  Attached is the output of tcpdump

uname -r = 2.6.24-1-amd64

Thanks for the work!

--
Damon L. Chesser
damon@...tek.com

View attachment "frtoprob2.txt" of type "text/plain" (4446 bytes)