Date:	Sun, 18 May 2008 22:09:43 -0600
From:	"Grant Likely" <grant.likely@...retlab.ca>
To:	dhlii@...sys.net
Cc:	"Yoshio Kashiwagi" <kashiwagi@...nss.co.jp>,
	linuxppc-embedded <linuxppc-embedded@...abs.org>,
	"Jeff Garzik" <jgarzik@...ox.com>, netdev <netdev@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: Xilinx PowerPC

On Sun, May 18, 2008 at 9:27 PM, David H. Lynch Jr. <dhlii@...sys.net> wrote:
> I am preparing my own version of Yoshio's driver. Since most of my
> changes are re-ordering, renaming, or other items of small consequence,
> I will leave Yoshio as the author - unless he prefers otherwise.
>
> I hope to have it ready to submit as a patch in a few days.
> If Yoshio is unhappy with any of the changes I have made or chooses to
> submit his original code or some permutation I will withdrawl mine.
>
> While adding OF checksum offloading, ... would be nice,
> All I am looking to do is get something that can start its way into the
> kernel.
> This driver is working for me - with very light testing so far.
>
> If no one else is willing to Shepard something in, then I will try.
> Hints, clues, etc would be very much appreciated.
> I presume that if this driver is acceptable here, the next step would be
> forwarding it to linux-netdev ?

When you have a patch ready, post it both to here (linuxppc-dev) and
to netdev.  I'll provide review and help.  Most likely when it is
ready it will go in through jgarzik's tree, but if Jeff prefers, it
can go in via my Virtex tree.  Make sure you're able to generate and
send clean patches before you post it to the mailing lists (inline
instead of attachment, no line wrapping, applies cleanly to head of
tree).  If you need help, email me directly, and you can even send
test emails to me for me to check before posting to the list.

It doesn't have to be perfect before you submit, but you do need to be
prepared to respond to comments quickly and expect to respin the patch
several times.

Cheers,
g.

--