Date:	Wed, 25 Jun 2008 06:25:45 +0000
From:	"Justin Mattock" <justinmattock@...il.com>
To:	"Ray Lee" <ray-lk@...rabbit.org>
Cc:	"Didier Raboud" <didier@...oud.com>, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org,
	netdev@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: stuck tcp connections 2.6.26-rc7

On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 8:03 PM, Justin Mattock <justinmattock@...il.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 5:16 PM, Ray Lee <ray-lk@...rabbit.org> wrote:

>>> Cool;(cool as in I'm not the only one,not cool for sh*%y internet connections)
>>> there is something definitely happening with the tcp connection.,
>>> After looking more at the situation
>>> I get a good connection when just streaming music, but as soon as I
>>> watch with flash or even search through firefox
>>> I'm getting a dead period of no internet, and then a few seconds later
>>> no problems.Almost as if some timer in the code is missing something
>>> or not firing off at the right time.
>>> At this point I'm still uncertain with what is happening.
>>> regards;
>>
>> If you leave a ping running as root to your local gateway from a
>> console ( nice -n -10 ping -i 0.5 192.168.1.1
>>  or whichever ip ), does it show dropouts?
>>

> I'll give that a try and see what happens.
> regards;
>
> --
> Justin P. Mattock

Hmm, well I really don't know what to say with the tcp
connection(issue), It seems to go in and out of phases i.g.
at first running music, and t.v.(through flash) there's moments of
pauses,(around 5 secs or so) then after a while
the tcp seems to even itself out, but then after a while(5min or so)
the same pauses begin. Maybe due to some missing packet, or
some deadlock if this is proper to say.
regards;

--
Justin P. Mattock