Date:	Tue, 24 Jun 2008 17:50:51 -0700
From:	Ben Greear <greearb@...delatech.com>
To:	NetDev <netdev@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: RFC:  Patch to add support for multiple multicast routing tables.

In order to run multiple Xorp instances and treat different groups of
interfaces as being in their own virtual router, I had to update the
ipv4/ipmr.c logic to support multiple routing tables.

I will be attempting to push the cooresponding xorp changes to it's
maintainers if this is accepted into the kernel.  It should be fully
backwards compatible with existing xorp and other multicast
routing tools.  It does change the procfs output slightly, adding
a TableId column.

The original patch was written by me, and then Patrick McHardy
fixed up my cruft and made it much smaller and with better locking.
I then fixed a few bugs I found while testing with my modified xorp.

The attached patch is against 2.6.25.4 + hacks.  It has a few rejects
against 2.6.26.rc7,
but I will fix those sooner rather than later if the patch is otherwise
deemed
worthy.

Please let me know if this stands a chance of inclusion.

Thanks,
Ben

--
Ben Greear <greearb@...delatech.com>

View attachment "patch2.patch" of type "text/x-patch" (48415 bytes)