Date:	Mon, 14 Jul 2008 22:21:51 +0200
From:	Josip Rodin <joy@...uzijast.net>
To:	Jarek Poplawski <jarkao2@...il.com>
Cc:	Patrick McHardy <kaber@...sh.net>,
	David Miller <davem@...emloft.net>, mchan@...adcom.com,
	billfink@...dspring.com, bhutchings@...arflare.com,
	netdev@...r.kernel.org, mirrors@...ian.org, devik@....cz
Subject: Re: bnx2_poll panicking kernel

On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 07:20:55PM +0200, Jarek Poplawski wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 05:27:29PM +0200, Patrick McHardy wrote:
> > Jarek Poplawski wrote:

> >> ...Actually, it looks like even NET_XMIT_SUCCESS can't guarantee this
> >> (when returned after TC_ACT_QUEUED or TC_ACT_STOLEN), so additional qlen
> >> test is needed here.
> >
> > The TC action code translation needs to be fixed instead.
> >
> > I didn't manage to work on this this weekend as I intended, but
> > I'll take care of it soon unless someone beats me to it.
>
> IMHO, since this TC_ACT_ issue looks quite rare, David's patch, with
> "htb_activate()" moved to the last "if (ret == NET_XMIT_SUCCESS)"
> blocks, looks like necessary.
>
> BTW, I wonder how Josip's testing?

Do you want me to try out David's patch? I was hoping to get a definite okay
from someone before applying it, given that this is a production machine
for us and we do need it in *some* kind of an operational state.

I've got many more tens of kilobytes of logs from the previous debugging
patches, if you want I can send them over.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.