Date:	Thu, 31 Jul 2008 11:16:59 +0100
From:	David Woodhouse <dwmw2@...radead.org>
To:	Russell King <rmk@....linux.org.uk>
Cc:	akpm@...ux-foundation.org, jeff@...zik.org, netdev@...r.kernel.org,
	dsaxena@...xity.net, nico@....org
Subject: Re: [patch nacked? 3/4] Update smc91x driver with ARM Versatile
	board info

On Wed, 2008-07-30 at 23:42 +0100, Russell King wrote:

> From: Deepak Saxena <dsaxena@...xity.net>
> > We need to specify a Versatile-specific SMC_IRQ_FLAGS value or the new
> > generic IRQ layer will complain thusly:
> >
> > No IRQF_TRIGGER set_type function for IRQ 25 (<NULL>)

> smc91x.h _already_ contains a CONFIG_ARCH_VERSATILE section

I think the point here is that there is already a section for this board
in the driver, so any patch which adds it _again_ is wrong.

It seems to have existing definitions for everything that this patch
adds, all of which are duplicates except SMC_IRQ_FLAGS, which is defined
as (0) in this patch but as (-1) in the existing driver.

So this patch should be dropped -- if there's a need to change the
definition of SMC_IRQ_FLAGS to 0, that's a one-line patch which needs a
more appropriate comment.

David.Woodhouse@...el.com                              Intel Corporation