Date:	Tue, 12 Aug 2008 15:44:04 -0600
From:	John Patrick Poet <john@...eskytours.com>
To:	Francois Romieu <romieu@...zoreil.com>
Cc:	David Madsen <david.madsen@...il.com>,
	John P Poet <jppoet@...il.com>, netdev@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: Realtek 8111C transmit timed out

On Tuesday 12 August 2008 02:18:47 pm Francois Romieu wrote:
> David Madsen <david.madsen@...il.com> :
> [...]
>
> > I also have a Realtek GigE card that was quite stable running on
> > 2.6.24.  I recently updated my kernel briefly to 2.6.25.10 then
> > ultimately to 2.6.26.2 and started seeing similar timeouts in both
> > kernel versions.
>
> Please note that the kernel complains more loudly about the watchdog
> than it used to. Does it allow traffic to flow afterwards ?

When one of these "hick-ups" happen while I am streaming video from my Myth
backend to my Myth frontend, it kills the playback, and I have to re-start
it.  It takes 5 to 10 seconds before I can re-start the playback, but it does
work without having to take any special action on my part.

So, to answer your question, yes traffic does flow afterwards.

John