Date:	Fri, 15 Aug 2008 16:13:59 +0300
From:	Denys Fedoryshchenko <denys@...p.net.lb>
To:	Jarek Poplawski <jarkao2@...il.com>
Cc:	netdev@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: NMI lockup, 2.6.26 release

On Wednesday 13 August 2008, Jarek Poplawski wrote:
> I doubt current rc versions are stable enough for any production. HTB
> waits for one fix, but it's nothing critical if it didn't bothered you
> until now. There could be still some problems around schedulers
> generally, after last big changes.

After patching issue with locking, i apply 2.6.27-rc3 with those(locking, not
testing patch which limits resolution) patches on shaper who was crashing on
load. Without your patch it was crashing like before on 2.6.27-rc3 too (NMI
watchdog issuing panic, and machine not rebooting) after few hours of
running.

Sadly i will not be able to test on this machine anymore, because i lost
access to it and had to change network structure.

I will try to bring it locally to my office and simulate crash by generating
traffic, but most probably it will not work. Seems your patch is required for
mainline, but now i can test it only in theory, because another machine
running as shaper now, running HPET, not TSC (it is AMD Opteron).