Date:	Mon, 25 Aug 2008 16:03:37 +0200
From:	Timo Weingärtner <timo@...e.de>
To:	netdev@...r.kernel.org
Subject: problem with tagged/untagged vlan and bridging

Hi all,

Last Thursday I bought a wireless access point with multi-ssid (D-Link DWL
2100AP). Management of the AP and RADIUS stuff is done without VLAN tags, the
first SSID is also without tags. The other SSIDs have VLAN IDs configurable.

My first SSID is quasi-disabled by having the RADIUS always reject access
requests, a second uses VLAN 3.

The access point is connected to my Xen machine on dev hme2. The VLAN
subdevice hme2.3 is enslaved to br_3, the main device hme2 to br_4.

Wireshark is showing that packets coming in to hme2 with VLAN 3 go to br_4
with VLAN tags instead of hme2.3 and then br_3. When I remove hme2 from br_4
everything works the way I expect it to, but the AP has no connection to the
RADIUS (on vif4.0) anymore.

I expect the VLAN subdevices to grab their packets from the master first and
leave the rest for the bridge.

Am I doing anything wrong or is this a bug?

I use 2.6.16.62 with the sunhme vlan patch[1] because of complications with
Xen. "git log v2.6.16..HEAD -- net/8021q/ net/bridge/" does not appear to
show anyhing that might have fixed it.

Some config info is attached. Ask for more if you need it.

Thanks in advance
Timo

[1] a5a97263a9fd6a94f954d41ae3233ea65a90bd8a

View attachment "ip l" of type "text/plain" (2609 bytes)

View attachment "brctl show" of type "text/plain" (887 bytes)

View attachment "proc_net_vlan_*" of type "text/plain" (3631 bytes)

Download attachment "signature.asc " of type "application/pgp-signature" (490 bytes)