Date:	Thu, 28 Aug 2008 11:48:52 -0300
From:	"Thiago Lacerda" <thiagotbl@...il.com>
To:	netdev@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Questions about Linux kernel network programming

Hi everyone, I'm a Computer Science student from Brazil.

Hope that you can help me with my undergraduate conclusion project.

I have to capture packets at kernel level. More specifically, I have
to write a kernel module (for kernel 2.6) that access all the packets
that are coming through my network interface, then perform some
operations on that packets and then decide if they can go to user land
or not.

Please note that I can't do it as a firewall, because I can't
interfere on the  applications that  work with network. My kernel
module will get communicated with traffic classifier, that will be
executing at user land and will inspect the packets that the module
passed to it.

Can you help me on how can I develop it?

Thanks in advance

Best regards

--
Thiago de Barros Lacerda
Computer Science Undergraduate Student - CIn/UFPE - 2004.2