Date:	Thu, 4 Sep 2008 08:20:17 +0000
From:	Jarek Poplawski <jarkao2@...il.com>
To:	David Miller <davem@...emloft.net>
Cc:	a.beregalov@...il.com, netdev@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: SunHME: trying to enable netconsole/netpolling

On 03-09-2008 22:59, David Miller wrote:
> From: "Alexander Beregalov" <a.beregalov@...il.com>
> Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 20:26:54 +0400
>
>> Hi David
>>
>> Can you please advice
>> I am a newbie here.
>> I am trying to enable netconsole output with sunhme card,
>> I found that poll_controller is not defined and defined it
>> as it is defined in other drivers (just to watch if it will work, I
>> dont understand this code yet)
>> My patch is in attach.
>> My card is connected to PCI bus.
>
> It isn't going to work until sunhme is converted to NAPI, and that
> may never happen.
>
> So unless someone knowledgable wants to do the work, which certianly
> is not me, sunhme for now will not support netconsole.

Alas I'm not someone like this, and probably there are some deeper
problems here, but I wonder if could try to look at 3c509.c (non-NAPI
too), especially wrt.  locking, so spin_lock_irqsave /irqrestore() in
happy_meal_start_xmit() and disable_irq()/enable_irq() in this
poll_controller wrapper?

Jarek P.