Date:	Thu, 09 Oct 2008 11:36:01 -0400
From:	Dan Williams <dcbw@...hat.com>
To:	Denis Joseph Barrow <D.Barow@...ion.com>
Cc:	Németh Tamás <nice@...anic.nyme.hu>,
	Filip Aben <f.aben@...ion.com>,
	Cisco Technical Support <tac@...co.com>,
	Paul Hardwick <P.Hardwick@...ion.com>,
Subject: Re: using the hso driver with cisco vpn client

On Thu, 2008-10-09 at 15:39 +0200, Denis Joseph Barrow wrote:
> Hi Tamas,
> I just realised something. You don't need a faked ethernet port in the hso driver to get ciscos vpn
> client to work, I found out in the last few days that the modem port works
> just fine on the hso driver despite the misleading comment which implies otherwise.
> You should be able to use the modem interface in the hso driver to make a ppp connection,
> this should work with your vpn cisco client

But using this port is pointless, because it'll slow the connection
down.  What's the actual problem with using the netdevice?  Did I miss
something in the archives?

vpnc seems to work just fine in the normal 'hso' configuration with the
tty being the control port and the netdevice being the data port.

What encapsulation or NAT traversal method are you using?  Does 'vpnc'
work for you?  Are you using the cisco binary kernel module?

Dan