Date:	Mon, 10 Nov 2008 10:40:22 +0200
From:	"Rami Rosen" <roszenrami@...il.com>
To:	"Rémi Denis-Courmont"
	<remi.denis-courmont@...ia.com>
Cc:	"ext Roman Chertov" <roman@...tabarbaralabs.com>,
	netdev@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: 2.6.24.7 ipv6 send redirect

Hello,

1)  There is no way to disable IPv6 ICMP redirect **sending ** messages.
You can only disable IPv6 ICMP redirect ** receiving** messages, via:
echo "0" > /proc/sys/net/ipv6/conf/all/accept_redirects

(Taking a brief look in the implementation will show that there
is a field named "accept_redirects" in ipv6_devconf structure,
but there is **no** field named send_redirects ,as in ipv4;
see: include/linux/ipv6.h.)

2) The RFC (rfc4294) says: (§4.2)
" Redirect functionality SHOULD be supported.  If the node is  a
router, Redirect functionality MUST be supported."

Regards,
Rami Rosen