Date:	Thu, 29 Jan 2009 12:30:08 +0200 (EET)
From:	ivaylo@...ans.net
To:	netdev@...r.kernel.org
Subject: problem with r8101 driver

Hello

I've play with r8101 driver and have strange problem.
My envourment is:
Motherboard Intel D945GCLF ( 945GC chipset with integrated CPU Atom 130,
and Realtek 8102EL, I think it is supported by r8101 driver?)
Linux kernel 2.4.37
gcc 2.95.3
r8101 (all versions, downloaded from www.realtek.com.tw and intel.com)

First of my problems is with compile the driver it seems that there are 4
structures predefined in r8101_n.c:
netdev_priv - predefined from
linux-2.4.37/include/linux/netdevice.h
netif_msg_init - predefined from
linux-2.4.37/build/include/linux/netdevice.h
jiffies_to_msecs - predefined from
linux-2.4.36.6/build/include/linux/delay.h
msecs_to_jiffies - predefined from
linux-2.4.36.6/build/include/linux/delay.h

Anyway I try and compile the driver with the original structures from
kernel and from driver, but the result is the same - I hit the second
problem.

Second problem is stop transmiting packets after number of tx packets
reach NUM_TX_DESC defined in r8101.h (1024 is the default value). I play
with various NUM_TX_DESC the result is the same. If tx packets <
NUM_TX_DESC lan card work, it transmiting and reciving packets well.

If some body have any ideas or know something about the second problem let
me know.

Best regards,
Ivaylo Josifov