Date:	Tue, 14 Apr 2009 12:13:20 -0700
From:	Gurucharan Shetty <Gurucharan.Shetty@...erbed.com>
To:	Ayaz Abdulla <aabdulla@...dia.com>
CC:	"netdev@...r.kernel.org" <netdev@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: Interface hang on nvidia MCP55 using forcedeth with stp packet

Hi Ayaz,
 I can consistently replicate the interface hang for an ethernet interface which uses nvidia MCP55 mac. The problem occurs whenever the interface receives a stp packet in promiscuous mode. It happens only when the interface speed/duplex setting is forced to 100/full and the interface in promiscuous mode. I can replicate it on Linux2.6.29 kernel.

 I am attaching the packet which produces this error.
 To reproduce,
* You will need 2 ethernet interfaces tied down to 100/full and connected to each other.
* Set the nvidia interface to promiscuous mode (ifconfig $interface promisc).
* Then run the tcpreplay command with the packet that I have attached. (ex: tcpreplay -i $non_nvidea_interface stpframe.cap)
* After the stp packet is sent, I can no longer send any other packets to the nvidia interface.
* To come out of the interface hang, I need to down/up the interface.

Thanks,
Gurucharan Shetty

Download attachment "stpframe.cap" of type "application/cap" (100 bytes)