Date:	Tue, 12 May 2009 17:15:38 +0200
From:	Robert Olsson <robert@...ur.slu.se>
To:	andrei.popa@...eo.ro
Cc:	NetDEV list <netdev@...r.kernel.org>, robert@...ur.slu.se
Subject: [oops] with FIB_TRIE

Andrei Popa writes:

 > I've used an vanilla 2.6.28.7 kernel without any additional patches with
 > the following .config and when I do in quagga a "clear ip bgp * soft"
 > when I have three full BGP sessions the kernel it oopses.
 >
 > With FIB lookup algorithm FIB_TRIE it oopeses. With FIB_HASH it doesn't.
 >
 > Pictures with the oops:
 > http://89.33.136.9/oops/

 > The config file:
 > CONFIG_PREEMPT=y

 Hello,

 Getting somewhat worried as we use this for infrastructure since many years.
 I've set up test and is trying to reproduce it.

 I'm running forwarding ~9.4 Gigabit/s @ 1.2 pkts sec and fib_lookups 40-200.000
 lookups per sec. Routing table has 280.000 entries this is loaded/unloaded
 via ip route with -batch to give load for insert/delete.

 A script is continuesly adding/removing the routing table under this load.
 The time to install the full table is ~10 sec and same time to remove
 (without netfilter ~5 sec) And this during this constant traffic load.

 The scripts and routing tables:
 ftp://robur.slu.se/pub/Linux/net-development/trie-test/

 Drivers are niu, ixgbe Netfilter modules loaded but no filters. Kernel
 2.6.29-r2.

 No problems seen for 3 hours but I'll let this run overnight

 One difference to your config I see is PREEMPT. We use use
 CONFIG_PREEMPT_NONE=y with the router/servers.

 Cheers
					--ro