Date:	Fri, 29 May 2009 22:34:25 +0200
From:	Jarek Poplawski <jarkao2@...il.com>
To:	Piotrek D <regis44@...il.com>
CC:	Stephen Hemminger <shemminger@...tta.com>, netdev@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: changing the qdisc class speed rate

Piotrek D wrote, On 05/29/2009 09:03 PM:

> This is what I have done, the  cl->rate->rate.rate refers to the __u32
> rate in htb_class -> qdisc_rate_table -> tc_ratespec .
> What else should I modify to make this work ?
>

>From include/net/sch_generic.h:

/* Length to Time (L2T) lookup in a qdisc_rate_table, to determine how
   long it will take to send a packet given its size.
 */
static inline u32 qdisc_l2t(struct qdisc_rate_table* rtab, unsigned int pktlen)
{
        int slot = pktlen + rtab->rate.cell_align + rtab->rate.overhead;
        if (slot < 0)
                slot = 0;
        slot >>= rtab->rate.cell_log;
        if (slot > 255)
                return (rtab->data[255]*(slot >> 8) + rtab->data[slot & 0xFF]);
        return rtab->data[slot];
}

This function controls rates and these rtab values matter here.

Jarek P.