Date:	Thu, 11 Jun 2009 21:52:46 +0200
From:	Gerrit Renker <gerrit@....abdn.ac.uk>
To:	Burak Gorkemli <burakgmail-dccp@...oo.com>
Cc:	dccp@...r.kernel.org, netdev@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: yet another panic on 2.6.30-rc6

Hi Burak,

it would be good to have more information, how this bug can be triggered:

 * what is the hardware,
 * can it be reproduced in the same manner on other hardware,
 * with which configuration (.config file),
 * does it only happen with CCID 3? Here it is good to know whether
   - Tickless System (CONFIG_NO_HZ) or
   - High-resolution timers (CONFIG_HIGH_RES_TIMERS)
   are enabled,
 * enabling kernel debugging features (below).

Further - are you running DCCP in a virtualised environment?

I checked some of the functions below: "default_spin_lock_flags" is defined
in arch/x86/kernel/paravirt-spinlocks.c. When running a network protocol
that is designed for longer distance networks, some underlying assumptions
may no longer hold in the same way as designed.

| BTW, how to print EIP after the panic?
It needs to be enabled in the kernel configuration. Please enable

 1/ "General setup"  -> "BUG() support"    (CONFIG_BUG=y)
 2/ "Kernel hacking" -> "Kernel debugging" (CONFIG_DEBUG_KERNEL=y)
 3/ "Kernel hacking" (depends on (2) ->
    "Verbose BUG() reporting (adds 70k)"   (CONFIG_DEBUG_BUGVERBOSE=y)
 4/ When enabling (2), it also can not harm to enable the