Date:	Mon, 15 Jun 2009 18:09:57 +0200
From:	Paweł Staszewski <pstaszewski@...are.pl>
To:	Jarek Poplawski <jarkao2@...il.com>
CC:	jamal <hadi@...erus.ca>,
	Linux Network Development list <netdev@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: iproute2 action/policer question

Jarek Poplawski pisze:

>> It does seem to be working!
>> How did you reach conclusion it wasnt working?

>> 32 packets hit the policer - double check your parameters please to make
>> sure they are correct.

Yes. packets hits policer but second action dont drop packets.

Second is that in policer there is action to "-j MARK" mark packet but
where i can catch this mark ? in iptables mangle i make some rules to
match mark and make LOG target like this:
but iptables rules catch nothing.

Chain PREROUTING (policy ACCEPT 19M packets, 19G bytes)
 pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source
 destination
     0     0 LOG        all  --  *      *       0.0.0.0/0
 0.0.0.0/0           mark match 0x1 LOG flags 0 level 4

Chain POSTROUTING (policy ACCEPT 11M packets, 17G bytes)
  pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source
 destination
     0     0 LOG        all  --  *      *       0.0.0.0/0
 0.0.0.0/0           mark match 0x1 LOG flags 0 level 4

version of tools:
iptables -V
iptables v1.4.2
tc -V