Date:	Fri, 19 Jun 2009 12:51:59 +0530
From:	Peter Chacko <peterchacko35@...il.com>
To:	jon_zhou@...lent.com
Cc:	radhamohan_ch@...oo.com, netdev@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: can we reuse an skb

Radha,

skb memory is coming from slab allocation pool, which itself are
re-usable pools. kmalloc(ATOMIC) on these object caches don't incur
much penalty as think for a case when it does memory
allocation/de-allocation. So the intelligence you want to put in the
driver is already done by slab layer. But if you want to add some
thing like per-flow ring-buffers, optimized for a point-to-point link
or similar purpose, you can have a driver level cache .

thanks