Date:	Mon, 6 Jul 2009 10:55:14 +0800
From:	Herbert Xu <herbert@...dor.apana.org.au>
To:	David Miller <davem@...emloft.net>
Cc:	peter.p.waskiewicz.jr@...el.com, netdev@...r.kernel.org,
	jeffrey.t.kirsher@...el.com, jesse.brandeburg@...el.com
Subject: Re: flow director and packet ordering

On Sun, Jul 05, 2009 at 06:59:56PM -0700, David Miller wrote:

> I personally assume that a master process that accepts connections
> and then hands them off down to worker threads is quite common.

In this scenario I think it might be better to determine which
worker thread to hand the socket to based on the current RX queue
assignment.  This way you won't have to worry about what limit
the hardware has in terms of how many flows it can assign.

Of course if you can't modify the app then you'd have to rely on
hardware assignment.

Cheers,
Email: Herbert Xu ~{PmV>HI~} <herbert@...dor.apana.org.au>