Date:	Thu, 27 Aug 2009 01:05:14 +0200
From:	Ingo Molnar <mingo@...e.hu>
To:	David Miller <davem@...emloft.net>
Cc:	nhorman@...driver.com, rostedt@...dmis.org, fweisbec@...il.com,
	billfink@...dspring.com, netdev@...r.kernel.org, brice@...i.com,
	gallatin@...i.com
Subject: Re: Receive side performance issue with multi-10-GigE and NUMA

* David Miller <davem@...emloft.net> wrote:

> From: Neil Horman <nhorman@...driver.com>
> Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 18:39:22 -0400
>
> > Ok, I'm rather tired of arguing.  Dave, I'll leave this in your
> > hands.
>
> I've gotten this kind of urging, both in private and in public,
> from both of you now.  And I'm sorry, that's not how this works.
>
> It is not my job to somehow force you turkeys how to work
> effectively together. :-)

It is definitely your job to ensure that you do not commit deficient
patches to kernel/trace/ via the networking tree. You created this
situation to begin with so you might as well take some
responsibility and help resolve it.

And the thing is, we are not rigid about these things in the tracing
tree and if this was a good change we would not mind and you'd have
my Ack. The problem is that it's a crappy change and that Neil is
refusing to fix it. So please fix it,

Thanks,

	Ingo