Date:	Wed, 2 Sep 2009 07:47:42 -0700
From:	Alexander Duyck <alexander.duyck@...il.com>
To:	Or Gerlitz <ogerlitz@...taire.com>
Cc:	"Eric W. Biederman" <ebiederm@...ssion.com>,
	netdev@...r.kernel.org, Eric Dumazet <eric.dumazet@...il.com>,
	"Duyck, Alexander H" <alexander.h.duyck@...el.com>,
	"Kirsher, Jeffrey T" <jeffrey.t.kirsher@...el.com>,
	David Miller <davem@...emloft.net>
Subject: Re: 2.6.31 ARP related problems

I don't suspect this has much of an effect on the Virtualization use
case for SR-IOV since the VFs are meant to be direct assigned as PCI
devices to the individual VMs so they won't even show up in the
routing table.  For the most part the igbvf driver typically will be
black listed for the host kernel since it already has the PF
interface, and the driver will only be loaded on the guests.

You can probably also reproduce the issue by placing multiple physical
network interfaces on the same network segment if you saw the same
effect on SR-IOV since that is essentially the effect the VFs create
due to the switching logic built into the 82576.

Thanks,

Alex