Date:	Mon, 7 Sep 2009 18:07:54 +0300
From:	Atis Elsts <atis@...rotik.com>
To:	netdev@...r.kernel.org
Cc:	containers@...ts.osdl.org
Subject: Adding bridge interface to non-default network namespace crashes kernel

Trying to add bridge interface from userspace program, after moving the
program to a new network namespace, causes kernel to crash. I am using latest
kernel version from git (2.6.31-rc9).
The bug is easy to reproduce - just compile and run the attached C program.

I see that bridge interface has NETIF_F_NETNS_LOCAL flag, but as I understand,
this flag simply means that a device cannot be *moved* across network
namespaces, not that it cannot be *created* in other namespaces.

--Atis

View attachment "crash.c" of type "text/x-csrc" (571 bytes)

View attachment "syslog" of type "text/plain" (3290 bytes)