Date:	Tue, 20 Oct 2009 10:04:29 +0400
From:	Cyrill Gorcunov <gorcunov@...il.com>
To:	Eric Dumazet <eric.dumazet@...il.com>
Cc:	Michal Ostrowski <mostrows@...il.com>,
	Denys Fedoryschenko <denys@...p.net.lb>,
	netdev <netdev@...r.kernel.org>, linux-ppp@...r.kernel.org,
	paulus@...ba.org, mostrows@...thlink.net
Subject: Re: kernel panic in latest vanilla stable, while using nameif with
	"alive" pppoe interfaces

On 10/20/09, Cyrill Gorcunov <gorcunov@...il.com> wrote:
> On 10/20/09, Eric Dumazet <eric.dumazet@...il.com> wrote:
>>
>> This ultimately calls pppoe_flush_dev() and this function
>> takes care of taking appropriate sock_locks() on each sockets ?
>>
> This hold and lock socks but set pppoe_dev to null as well. I'll back
> later. And i need to reread the code.

from a second glance we have a race with pppoe_connect (err_put label)
and pppoe_flush_dev. Connect lock socket but while flushing we may
dev_put with null device. So as Eric pointed early the error path is
racy and should be protected with flush_lock.  Note that while
flushing pppoe we may do dev_put without socket locked. This should be
the corner case. Michal could you add this lock in pppoe_connect (i
cant do this at moment).