Date:	Tue, 01 Dec 2009 18:46:37 +0100
From:	Ferenc Wagner <wferi@...f.hu>
To:	"Rafael J. Wysocki" <rjw@...k.pl>
Cc:	linux-pm@...ts.linux-foundation.org,
	LKML <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>, netdev@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: [linux-pm] intermittent suspend problem again

"Rafael J. Wysocki" <rjw@...k.pl> writes:

> On Tuesday 01 December 2009, Ferenc Wagner wrote:

>>> That's what I'd do.
>>
>> That worked out mosty OK (no freeze in quite some hibernation cycles),
>> but I'm continuing testing it.
>
> Great, please let me know how it works out.

Will do.  On the negative side, this tends to confuse NetworkManager.

>> On the other hand, I reverted 8fbd962e3, recompiled and replaced the
>> module, and got the freeze during hibernation.  And that was the bulk of
>> the changes since 2.6.31...  I'll revert the rest and test again, but
>> that seems purely cosmetic, so no high hopes.
>>
>>> In addition to that, you can run multiple hibernation/resume cycles in
>>> a tight loop using the RTC wakealarm.
>>
>> I'll do so, as soon as I find a way to automatically supply the dm-crypt
>> passphrase... or even better, learn to hibernate to ramdisk from the
>> initramfs. :)
>
> Well, you don't need to use swap encryption for _testing_. :-)

I use partition encryption, everything except for /boot is encrypted.
Apropos: does s2disk perform encryption with a temporary key even if I
don't supply and RSA key, to protect mlocked application data from being
present in the swap after restore?
--
Thanks,
Feri.