Date:	Wed, 02 Dec 2009 15:01:06 +0100
From:	Johannes Berg <johannes@...solutions.net>
To:	netdev <netdev@...r.kernel.org>
Cc:	Matt Carlson <mcarlson@...adcom.com>,
	Michael Chan <mchan@...adcom.com>
Subject: tg3: not checking dma errors?

I'm having some trouble with tg3 under memory pressure when it's
receiving lots of data, and so far this is the only thing I could find
-- unfortunately I can't capture the debug information on the machine --
netconsole obviously doesn't work, there's no serial and the output
doesn't fit on the screen...

So I figured I'd look at the code, and now I think there could be a bug
with mappings:

tg3_alloc_rx_skb:
        mapping = pci_map_single(tp->pdev, skb->data, skb_size,
                                 PCI_DMA_FROMDEVICE);

        map->skb = skb;
        pci_unmap_addr_set(map, mapping, mapping);

        if (src_map != NULL)
                src_map->skb = NULL;

        desc->addr_hi = ((u64)mapping >> 32);
        desc->addr_lo = ((u64)mapping & 0xffffffff);

        return skb_size;

Shouldn't that check that 'mapping' is != DMA_ERROR_CODE?

Similarly in tg3_run_loopback()?

johannes

Download attachment "signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (802 bytes)