Date:	Fri, 30 Apr 2010 11:49:27 -0700 (PDT)
From:	David Miller <davem@...emloft.net>
To:	epasheva@...rrawireless.com
Cc:	jens.axboe@...cle.com, rfiler@...rrawireless.com,
	netdev@...r.kernel.org, linux-usb@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: sierra_net default m

From: Elina Pasheva <epasheva@...rrawireless.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 11:45:50 -0700

> OK. Makes sense, so that the kernel does not build the driver if the
> configuration option is not explicitly set.

All non-core drivers should default to "n".

The default controls what the user is suggested to choose when they
run the configuration without an explicit setting in their existing
config.

They should never be told to turn on a driver by default for an
odd-ball piece of hardware.

Even the IDE and ATA disk layers don't default to anything explicitly.

Just remove the default tag altogether.  I see that a bunch of other USB
networking drivers have all sorts of default tags, I wish you didn't
follow their lead. :-)