Date:	Fri, 14 May 2010 14:56:43 -0600
From:	"Williams, Mitch A" <mitch.a.williams@...el.com>
To:	Patrick McHardy <kaber@...sh.net>, Chris Wright <chrisw@...hat.com>
CC:	Scott Feldman <scofeldm@...co.com>, Arnd Bergmann <arnd@...db.de>,
	"davem@...emloft.net" <davem@...emloft.net>,
	"shemminger@...tta.com" <shemminger@...tta.com>,
Subject: RE: [net-next-2.6 V7 PATCH 1/2] Add netlink support for virtual
 port management (was iovnl)

I'd really like to find a way to fix this, instead of having the functionality disabled.

I know Patrick had objections to how the data structures were set up, but I figured that was something we'd tackle later, especially since the series got merged after Patrick's email, and with no further objection. At that point, things got quiet, I got shuffled onto another project, and we all thought things were OK.

At this point, Scott's work depends on what I did, so it's probably more work to unwind my stuff and respin his, than to just fix mine.

Can we quickly respin the kernel side to take care of Patrick's objections, and work the userspace side over the next week or so? The userspace side is where the real fiddly bits will be. I'll drop what I'm working on and get this taken care of as quickly as I can.

Sorry for the confusion - I thought we were OK, until yesterday.

-Mitch