Date:	Wed, 14 Jul 2010 16:56:35 -0600
From:	"Tantilov, Emil S" <emil.s.tantilov@...el.com>
To:	Maxim Levitsky <maximlevitsky@...il.com>
CC:	"Kirsher, Jeffrey T" <jeffrey.t.kirsher@...el.com>,
	"Allan, Bruce W" <bruce.w.allan@...el.com>,
	"Pieper, Jeffrey E" <jeffrey.e.pieper@...el.com>
Subject: RE: [REGRESSION] e1000e stopped working [MANUALLY BISECTED]

Maxim Levitsky wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-07-12 at 15:23 -0600, Tantilov, Emil S wrote:
>> Maxim Levitsky wrote:

>>> Updates?
>>
>> We are working on reproducing the issue. So far we have not seen the
>> problem when testing with net-next.
>>
>> I asked in previous email about some additional info from ethtool
>> (-d, -e, -S) and kernel config. That would help us to narrow it
>> down.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Emil
> I did send -e and -d output.

Sorry, looks like I lost the email with the attachements.

Could you provide the output of dmesg after the failure occurs?

> Since you probably want -S output during failure, I need to recompile
> kernel for that. I will do that soon.
>

> One question, in two weeks I hope 2.6.35 won't be released?
> If so, I will have enough free time then to narrow down this issue.
>
> Other solution, is to revert this commit.
> (I have never seen this problem with it reverted).

We have been running reboot tests on 2 separate systems with recent net-next kernels
using your config and so far no luck in reproducing this issue.

What is the make model of your system (or MB)?

Thanks,
Emil