Date:	Tue, 5 Oct 2010 16:19:52 +0530
From:	Tapas Mishra <mightydreams@...il.com>
To:	Linux Kernel Explorer <mylinuxlab@...il.com>
Cc:	kernelnewbies@...linux.org, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org,
	netdev@...r.kernel.org, linux-fsdevel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: Linux Kernel Development - A Practical Approach

On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 12:20 AM, Linux "Kernel" Explorer
<mylinuxlab@...il.com> wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> I am reading 'Linux Kernel Development' by Robert Love these days.
>
> This book takes you on a theoretical journey of the linux kernel
> world.Though the book is good but I do have my share of concerns.
Exactly even I do have same concerns.
www.crashcourse.ca
check the above website till today this is the only most relevant
thing which I find easy to begin with.
You can then go to understand some more howtos on internet that will help.
LKD is no doubt good book but even I do not appreciate that.
Jumping directly to code in your or even  mine type of situation is
not easy having said that I would say you not to
indulge into books.If possible get some one who can easily give you a
hands on experience.
Then you will be able to understand what the text books talk.
A good advice I got from some one who works with processors is rather
than going in manuals
jump into the code you play with it and then you will gradually understand.
There may be different views but I would suggest you not to read books.