Date:	Wed, 16 Feb 2011 17:43:34 +0000
From:	Hank Janssen <hjanssen@...rosoft.com>
To:	Robert Hancock <hancockrwd@...il.com>
CC:	"shemminger@...ux-foundation.org" <shemminger@...ux-foundation.org>,
	"davem@...emloft.net" <davem@...emloft.net>,
	ide <linux-ide@...r.kernel.org>,
	KY Srinivasan <kys@...rosoft.com>,
	Hashir Abdi <habdi@...rosoft.com>,
	Mike Sterling <Mike.Sterling@...rosoft.com>,
	Haiyang Zhang <haiyangz@...rosoft.com>,
	"gregkh@...e.de\" \"" <gregkh@...e.de>
Subject: RE: Process for subsystem maintainers to get Hyper-V code out of
 staging. - CORRECTED RECIPIENTS

Robert,

Thank you very much for your responses, today Hyper-V host only supports
IDE and SCSI, and the code was initially written against 2.6.9 kernel.

Hyper-V still treats them a separate interface and is designed to emulate
A pretty old BIOS.

What my approach will be is to dig into libsata (something I have not
Much knowledge of) and see if we can use it and find a way to more sanely
Merge the behavior of Hyper-V's IDE and SCSI.

Hank.