Date:	Fri, 25 Feb 2011 11:15:00 -0800 (PST)
From:	David Miller <davem@...emloft.net>
To:	linville@...driver.com
Cc:	linux-wireless@...r.kernel.org, linux-bluetooth@...r.kernel.org,
	netdev@...r.kernel.org, padovan@...fusion.mobi
Subject: Re: pull request: wireless-next-2.6 2011-02-22

From: David Miller <davem@...emloft.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 22:43:44 -0800 (PST)

> From: "John W. Linville" <linville@...driver.com>
> Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 16:52:30 -0500
>
>> Here is the latest batch of wireless bits intended for 2.6.39.  It seems
>> I neglected to send a pull request last week, so this one is a bit big
>> -- I apologize!
>>
>> This includes a rather large batch of bluetooth bits by way of Gustavo.
>> It looks like a variety of bits, including some code refactoring, some
>> protocol support enhancements, some bugfixes, etc. -- nothing too
>> unusual.
>>
>> Other items of interest include a new driver from Realtek, some ssb
>> support enhancements, and the usual sort of updates for mac80211 and a
>> variety of drivers.  Also included is a wireless-2.6 pull to resolve
>> some build breakage.
>>
>> Please let me know if there are problems!
>
> Pulled, thanks a lot John.

John a few things:

1) I had to add some vmalloc.h includes to fix the build on sparc64,
   see commit b08cd667c4b6641c4d16a3f87f4550f81a6d69ac in net-next-2.6

2) Something is screwey with the bluetooth config options now.

   I have an allmodconfig tree, and when I run "make oldconfig" after
   this pull, BT_L2CAP and BT_SCO both prompt me, claiming that they
   can only be built statically.

   I give it 'y' just to make it happen, for both, and afterways no
   matter how many times I rerun "make oldconfig" I keep seeing things
   like this in my build:

scripts/kconfig/conf --silentoldconfig Kconfig
include/config/auto.conf:986:warning: symbol value 'm' invalid for BT_SCO
include/config/auto.conf:3156:warning: symbol value 'm' invalid for BT_L2CAP

   First, what the heck is going on here?  Second, why the heck can't these
   non-trivial pieces of code be built modular any more?

   You can't make something "bool", have it depend on something that
   might be modular, and then build it into what could in fact be a
   module.  That's exactly what the bluetooth stuff seems to be doing
   now.

   I suspect commit 642745184f82688eb3ef0cdfaa4ba632055be9af

Thanks.