Date:	Tue, 22 Mar 2011 09:13:50 +0000
From:	Steven Whitehouse <swhiteho@...hat.com>
To:	Eugene Teo <eugeneteo@...nel.org>
Cc:	Dan Rosenberg <drosenberg@...curity.com>, davem@...emloft.net,
	netdev@...r.kernel.org, security@...nel.org,
	linux-decnet-user@...ts.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Security] [SECURITY] DECnet: need to validate user data and
 access data?

Hi,

On Tue, 2011-03-22 at 15:42 +0800, Eugene Teo wrote:
> Cc'ed the decnet list. Looks like it's still active even though the
> status is orphan.

Well, kind of active :-) I don't think there is a lot of development
going on despite davem's recent changes to the routing code.

These functions are used in relation to conninit messages which, on the
incoming side are checked in dn_nsp_in.c:dn_find_listener() via the
calls to dn_check_idf() so that we should never queue an incorrectly
formatted message to the socket. The intent was that all messages should
be checked as early as possible on entry to the code so that we can then
rely on their content later on without needing to check again.

I hope that answers your question, but let me know if you need anything
else,

Steve.